curl-users

Re: Including non-standard -I directories fails

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:50:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, 1983-01-06_at_gmx.net wrote:

> Moreover, I seriously doubt that this will work at all. fbopenssl's files
> are broken. I wonder if anyone was able to compile everything successfully.

I'm not aware of any who does!

I've gotten reports and questions about fbopenssl use before. I personally
have *never* built with it and we don't have any tests that use it! I would
say we have several indications that the current SPNEGO/fbopenssl setup isn't
working as it possibly once did.

I'd welcome further feedback on this if someone has.

> I would rather exclude fbopenssl from cURL support. A new approach directly
> with GSSAPI should be taken. Which definitively works. I would like to code
> that but my C knowledge is so limited that it would take way too long.
> libneon though has a working implementation.

curl already has such support. See the --with-gssapi option to configure.