curl-users

curl_slist_append segfault

From: Tim Johnson <tbj002_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:48:34 -0500

I've got an application where I'm using cURL in a C program. The general
flow is going about like this:

 struct curl_httppost *formpost=NULL;
 struct curl_httppost *lastptr=NULL;
 struct curl_slist *headerlist=NULL;
 static const char buf[] = "Expect:";

 curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_ALL);

while (1)
{
  curl_formadd(.......);
   curl = curl_easy_init();
   headerlist = curl_slist_append(headerlist, buf);
    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_HTTPPOST, formpost);
    res = curl_easy_perform(curl);
    curl_easy_cleanup(curl);
    curl_formfree(formpost);
    curl_slist_free_all (headerlist);
}

I've explicitly listed all functions that should be using headerlist.

On the second iteration through the loop, I get a segfault at the
curl_slist_append call. I'm hoping it's just something simple I'm doing. I
searched around, the only thing I saw that looked like this was an issue
that appeared to be fixed by a patch back in 2003. I'm linking against
libcurl.so.4, which is a symlink to libcurl.so.4.2.0.

Thanks for any help.

-Tim