curl-users

feature request: upload zip stream to DAV

From: Francesco Pasqualini <frapas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:10:41 +0100

Hi, all.
I'm a very happy (and new) curl user.

We use it to upload large file directly in our DMZ server via WEB Dav.

http and https ports are often open so this way we have not problems to
upload file from behind firewall.

we use this syntax

culr -kT large_file.7z https://upload.mycompany.com/upload/

We use this upload service to assist our customers and often time is very
important.

Large files take several minutes to zip and several minutes to upload. It
would very useful if while zipping curl does not wait to the zip process
end but start immediatly sending bytes from the 7zip output stream.

In term of time this way we could obtain a huge improvement.

something like what it's possibile in ftp:

*ftp> put "| tar cvf - . | gzip " myfile.tar.gz (i don' like ftp and it's
almost always stopped by firewall).*
*
*
*Or would be also useful if curl can do all the job: file compress and dav
upload of the compress stream*
*
*
*Thanks*