curl-users

Re: does libcurl support NTLMv2 authentication over HTTP on Linux platform ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 23:26:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2013, Dushyant Chaudhary -X (duchaudh - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES MAURIITIUS LIMITED at Cisco) wrote:

> I am trying to find out whether latest version of CURL supports NTLMv2
> authentication.

> Following mail threads suggests that it is not supported.
> 1)http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2013-04/0279.html
> 2) http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-05/0371.html

Two posts by me and here's a third! =)

The situation as mentioned in both those posts remain the same.

> I think above points suggest that libcurl supports NTLMv2

I don't think so. I believe that's just some partial fragments related to
NTLMv2.

But then I've never even seen a real server that supports NTLMv2 with my own
eyes so I haven't been able to try curl with that nor to work on any
implementation. (And before anyone jumps up and offers me access to such a
server to test against, it won't make me write the code for you at this point
in time - although it may in the future.)