curl-users

Re: Problem running curl

From: Malcolm MacArthur <macartm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:37:30 +0000

Hi Antonio,

Well, the way I deduced what was wrong with the update I mentioned was: to
use a virtual XP machine which just had stock XP on it and nothing else,
and run the update with Process Monitor running. This got me a trace of
what the program was doing when it worked OK.

Then, I did the same on the machine it did not work on, and compared the
two, looked at the differences and figured out it terminated just after the
antivirus software loaded a DLL into the process.

If you're unfamiliar with Process Monitor, I am afraid there isn't an
easier way to tell if that's what is happening. Unless McAfee has logged
what it's done, somewhere. Sorry!

If you aren't working in the IT department, you may have to ask someone who
does work for IT if they can help you investigate why it does not run.Or
... start learning Process Monitor :)

You mentioned earlier you do not have admin rights over the machine. I do
not think Process Monitor will run without admin rights, unfortunately.

Malcolm.