curl-users

http/2 multiple post requests

From: Scott Mitchell <scott.k.mitch1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 10:42:33 -0400

What is the correct way to make multiple post requests over the same
connection using different http/2 streams for each request.

I am attempting to use the --next command to make this happen. Here is my
syntax:

--trace-ascii dump1_2 --next --http2 -k '<url 2>' -H "<headers>" -d '<post
body 2>' -i -o dump2_1 --trace-ascii dump2_2

*Note that <url 1> and <url 2> are to the same server (same IP).

The behaviour I am seeing is that curl creates 2 connections. The first
connection appears to exhibit correct behaviour (creates 2 streams, the
first with <post body 1> and the second with <post body 2>). However I
don't think the second connection should happen at all. The second
connection only creates 1 stream that corresponds to posting the <post body
2>. Because of this second connection happening my output files appear to
be overwritten also. The only files remaining after this request are
`dump2_1` and `dump2_2`. Is my syntax incorrect?

Thanks,
Scott