curl-users

Re: ./configure flags not committing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 08:46:52 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015, Bundy wrote:

> in that no matter what flags I throw at ./configure especially the one's I'm
> after in --enable-smb and --with-ssl are being accepted as arguements

Let's address them one at a time. The options are hints to configure on how to
perform and what to look for etc.

Let's start out with the SSL one:

> *SSL support: no*
> (--with-{ssl,gnutls,nss,polarssl,mbedtls,cyassl,axtls,winssl,darwinssl} )
>
> Owh and I do already have openssl in the standard directory:

And that is a "dev" version of OpenSSL you have installed? It it has the
include files there etc?

> P.S. Is there something I should be looking for specifically in the
> config.log some sort of stand out error?

Yes, you should look for the lines where it says it looks for OpenSSL and then
it probably includes some errors regarding that since it fails to detect (and
use) it properly.