curl-users

Re: curl waits for stdin to "EOF" before firing requests when "-K -" is used to read config from stdin

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:45:24 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015, Javi Barroso wrote:

> Maybe could be implemented a curl daemon, curld named?, which listen on a
> socket or tcp port receive a url and maybe more thing and return the http
> reply? I think there is not such daemon

Sure, that could be a logical extension of the idea! Like reading the config
file from a TCP port instead of a pipe. But that also opens up for some other
interesting challenges to solve: like if you want to support multiple
simultaneous clients etc =)

It is an idea worth exploring. Let's see if we have any taker!