curl-users

Re: peforming ftp site commands within curl

From: Leif W <warp9pnt9_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:19:56 -0500

On 2016-02-24 11:29, Perrin, Brandon S wrote:
> Can someone tell me if possible where I can find some guidance on how to
> execute some ftp site commands prior to uploading a file to a MVS ftp
> server.
>
> i.e. in ftp we have commands like this :
>
> site recfm=fb lrecl=80 blksize=0
>
> site tracks primary=125
>
> is there a way to perform these in curl ?

I Googled "curl specify custom ftp commands", found the curl FAQ [1],
which mentioned the -Q, --quote <command> option [2], which accepts a
few curl-specific and RFC 959 [3] defined commands, of which "site"
seems to be mentioned.

Hope this helps. Beyond this, I have no idea and can't comment further.

[1] https://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#How_do_I_tell_curl_to_run_custom
[2] https://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#-Q
[3] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc959.txt