curl-users

Re: Getting SSL or TLS?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 14:42:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 May 2016, Gisle Vanem via curl-users wrote:

>> Really? Neither Firefox nor Chrome on my Linux box negotiate h2 on
>> www.ssllabs.com for me!
>
> Yes, my Chrome version is 50.0.2661.102m (the very latest).
> If you look under chrome://net-internals/#http2, you should see:

> If you look under chrome://net-internals/#http2, you should see:
> ALPN Protocols: h2,spdy/3.1,http/1.1
> NPN Protocols: h2,spdy/3.1,http/1.1

Ah yes, but top thing is just a listing of the protocol variations Chrome
supports.

I used "50.0.2661.94 (64-bit)" for Linux and it then shows lots of other sites
doing h2 in the table below, but not ssllabs.com - suggesting that ssllabs.com
doesn't do h2. I also tried the devtools network tab and checked, but didn't
see any h2 there either.

I also run the "HTTP/2 and SPDY Indicator" plugins in both browsers and
neither of those plugins show the h2 symbol for ssllabs.com...