curl-users

Re: curl_multi_perform crash on dns_resolve_timeout

From: Ray Satiro via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 13:23:08 -0400

On 5/17/2016 11:59 AM, d_rasal_at_sky.com wrote:
> I don't think upgrade or changing resolution part is an option as this
> is the only concern on existing software.
>
> I tried to analyse further and I see there are more than one threads
> which maintain download queues and continuously keep creating easy
> handle which are reused as soon as removed from multi

Please review the thread safety documentation [1]. You mentioned in a
previous e-mail you added NOSIGNAL however make sure you do that for all
handles. Also you mentioned you don't think upgrading or changing
resolution is an option. Well your version of curl is pretty old, and
even if it's maintained for security patches by your distro there are
still issues that could be ruled out if you'd try a later version. To
put things in perspective for you there have been over 5700 commits to
the project in the four years since 7.26 was released.

[1]: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/threadsafe.html