curl-users

Re: Crash in curl library while processing HTTP HEAD response

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 00:07:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016, isshed wrote:

> I am new to the curl library. I am facing a crash in the curl library while
> processing HTTP HEAD Request. Crash dump stack is showing like as follows.

Hello, and thanks for your report!

First, please note that the mailing list for libcurl and its development is
called curl-library and that is a better list to take matter such as this to.
This list is for the curl tool.

Then, we really need to better understand why or how you get the problem
you're suggesting we fix. Please describe how we can reproduce this problem or
explain in further detail exactly how this crash happens!

Ideally, we want a test case written for it that reproduces the problem and
then we can fix it and we know we have it fixed and it won't get reintroduced
without us noticing.