curl-users

FTPS pulls from AS400 - syntax?

From: Jay Bartley <jbartley_at_newsguy.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 15:04:12 -0500

I need to pull files from an AS400 but having difficulty with the
library/file.member syntax. I have done searches but no hits w/ curl and
as400 so I am hoping one of you has the knowledge. Any guidance will be
greatly appreciated.

thanks, Jay

source = curl 7.47.1 on AIX 7.1, target = os400 V7R1, using FTPS/TLSv1.2

I can pull a dir listing just fine using the following:

curl --ssl-reqd --tlsv1.2 -n -l ftp://machine.domain.com://SWSALIB

but when I try to pull a file that is listed I get the following error.
It seems to lose the 2nd '/' before the library name.

curl -v --ssl-reqd --tlsv1.2 -n -O
ftp://machine.domain.com://SWSALIB/testfile.testfile2

< 257 "/QSYS.LIB/QGPL.LIB" is current library.
* Entry path is '/QSYS.LIB/QGPL.LIB'
} [5 bytes data]
> CWD /
* ftp_perform ends with SECONDARY: 0
{ [5 bytes data]
< 250 "/" is current directory.
} [5 bytes data]
> CWD SWSALIB
{ [5 bytes data]
< 550-Specified directory does not exist or cannot be accessed.
{ [5 bytes data]
< 550 Working directory not changed.
* Server denied you to change to the given directory