curl-users

Re: FTPS pulls from AS400 - syntax?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 14:08:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Jay Bartley wrote:

> but when I try to pull a file that is listed I get the following error. It
> seems to lose the 2nd '/' before the library name.
>
> curl -v --ssl-reqd --tlsv1.2 -n -O
> ftp://machine.domain.com://SWSALIB/testfile.testfile2

What do you mean? The slashes is what splits the path into different
directories in an hiearchy. For each directory curl will do a separate CWD
when traversing. In your URL above, curl will:

  1. change dir to '/'
  2. change dir to 'SWSALIB'
  3. request the file 'testfile.testfile2

However, for exactly the reason when the server doesn't seem to let you do
this, curl offers a way for you to tell it to do this differently: the
--ftp-method option.

I've tried to detail how that option is used on this section of the book:

   http://ec.haxx.se/ftp-traversedir.html

Does that help?