curl-users

Re: libidn2 support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 09:49:12 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> The only version I could find was at
> http://josefsson.org/libidn2/
>
> Is this really the last version available and recommended for use with Curl?
> We (=OpenCSW) are currently shipping libidn 1.33.

It certainly looks like the libidn2 package is treated like the forgotten
stepchild or something, but after some digging around I manage to find this:

   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libidn/

... which offers libidn2 0.10 that I believe is the most recent version.

I would agree that it doesn't really instill confidence that the package is
hard to find, has a sub one version number and was updated most recently in
2014, but that's still the only available IDNA 2008 library that I'm aware of
and I hope that with curl switching to libidn2 we can perhaps get a little
more focus on this piece of software.