curl-users

Re: Compile cURL Adding HTTP2

From: David Colter via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 17:36:03 -0400

Hello again,

> On Nov 5, 2016, at 14:28, Ray Satiro via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
>
> Download the latest nghttp2 [1] and build and install, should be as simple as ./configure && make && make check && sudo make install. If there's multiple SSL versions installed you might have to ./configure --disable-examples.
>
> Download the latest curl [2] and build and install, should be as simple as ./configure && make && make test && sudo make install. If there's multiple SSL versions installed you might have to ./configure --with-nghttp2=/usr/local --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

Thank you Ray.

I thought is should be so simple …. It might be not be simple on the first attempt!

What directory should the tar.gz files be downloaded to? I ask this, because I was partially successful with curl. My problems are now 2. (bear in mind, I did the downloads to ~/src)

1. ~/src/curl-7.50.3/src/ must preface curl and curl -V gives version 7.50.3 and OpenSSL/1.0.2j
2. compiling cURL did not ‘automatically’ include nghttp2 (unsupported protocol error)

I think it’s time to back up a few steps. I can not locate the original curl install on this Centos 6 server and I think I’ve got the usage of OpenSSL and nghttp2 messed up.

What now?

David