curl-users

Re: Setting CURLOPT_MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE causes long pause in reception

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 11:52:21 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016, JULIAN GARDNER wrote:

The curl-users mailing list is primarily for users of the curl tool. If you
want to discuss libcurl things, the curl-library list is more suitable and it
is where the libcurl users and hackers hang out.

> I start downloading a file and this sets the CURLOPT_MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE to
> 8MB/s, another download starts after 15 seconds and I set both downloads to
> 4MB/s.

Correct. Until 7.51.0 that is. Since that version the speed limit options are
better designed to allow modification.