curl-users

Re: documenting command line options

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 22:08:42 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> As I was mentioning before, I've been planning to provide a new way to write
> docs for the command line options and generate the main curl man page from
> this new method.

I've just now for the first time committed the first curl.1 that is the output
of the gen.pl command generating a full fledged man page from the individual
components.

My plan is to eventually have curl.1 generated in the build process so that we
don't have to commit the generated file, but I think small steps forward is
good here.

Starting now, we edit the individual option pages instead of the curl.1 file.

As always, if you find any problems in the man page or elsewhere, let us know!