curl-users

RE: FW: Intermittent curl error code 35 - SSL Protocol error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 23:10:49 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017, Kulcyk, JoAnn wrote:

> Revisiting this problem with new traces. I cannot reproduce it, but I was
> able to get good and bad traces to the production server. There is only 1
> production server. Intermittently I get a curl return code 35 (first trace,
> below). The second trace is curl return code 0. Can anyone help? Thanks.

> 0066: User-Agent: curl/7.28.0

I realize this is an answer you won't like, but I'll say it anyway:

That curl version is 33 releases and over 4 years old. I suppose your TLS
library is then similarly as old. I would strongly suggest you upgrade both of
those, at least for testing purposes, to see if that makes anything different.
You won't get our full attention until you can show a likely problem with a
modern version anyway.

How do you make sure this isn't a server side problem or otherwise outside of
curl?