curl-users

Re: curl openssl wrong headers issue when compiling

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:33:44 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017, Artur D wrote:

> cd ../curl-7.53.0/
> ./config --prefix=/opt/openssl

Assuming you also ran 'make install' after that custom openssl build, the curl
configure should look more like this:

  LIBS="-ldl" ./configure --with-ssl=/opt/openssl

The LIBS thing if you only have the static versions.

> Tried many different settings (default locations and non-default locations )
> After trying several times to build it I would always get wrong openssl
> version or the config wouldnt detect it at all.

Always, *always*, when configure fails to do what you want, check config.log
and look for the specific checks and see why they fail. That's usually the
best way to learn what you need to adjust to make it pass.

> Investing this issue found this old thread that deals with a similar issue:

I doubt a mail from 2002 is relevant. Everything is different now.