curl-users

Re: cURL file download speed inconsistent. Slow download roughly happens once per 10 attempts

From: Alex Bligh via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 07:54:37 +0200

> On 11 Apr 2017, at 23:39, Kai Li <kli_at_alk.com> wrote:
>
> The ratio of reproducing this slowness is 1/10 roughly. I'm sure my network condition is very stable and fast.

I'd run tcpdump on the connection and examine the difference between the slow transfers and the fast transfers.

I would guess you either have packet loss, or (more likely given you think the network is OK) a subtle MTU issue between the two paths, possibly hidden by ICMP fragmentation needed packets normally, but filtered here, tickling the bug.

--
Alex Bligh