curl-users

Re: [Need your help] Very weird issue: why does curl close the http connection with slow networks?

From: A Abc via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 08:38:44 +0000 (UTC)

sorry, forgot the attachments.

    On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:37 PM, A Abc <netbucket2013_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

 hi Daniel,
Thanks for your reply.

--
I also suspect the issue is from server side.
But did you see the wireshark snapshot attached on my second email. (I also attached the snapshot in the current email)

    On Saturday, April 15, 2017 5:00 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

 On Thu, 13 Apr 2017, A Abc via curl-users wrote:
> curl: (18) transfer closed with 682811 bytes remaining to read
If you didn't specify a timeout, this is *the server* (or something in your
network) closing the connection before the transfer was complete.
But when curl does this due to a timeout, it is supposed to return a time-out
error message so I'm inclined to say this was someone else closing the
connection.
> chrome(v57.0.2987) has similar issue.
... which I think only enforces the suspicion that this is not a client-side
problem.
> then, I add a test API on server applicaiton, it will write some bytes into
> response, then sleep 5 seconds, then continue to write response. But curl is
> waiting here, no broken, no FIN+ACK.
I don't understand this point.