curl-users

Adding "OPTIONS *" support, what to call the option?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 07:59:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

I've submitted a first version of a pull-request [1] that gives the curl tool
the ability to issue an HTTP "OPTIONS *" request to a server, something that
isn't previously possible and has been mentioned in the TODO for a while.

To send this request a special command line option needs to be used.

What should this option be called? I don't want it to be plain "--options"
because that doesn't properly reveal that it also sends the asterisk instead
of the path. You can already do -X OPTIONS to get the path-sending version
done without this new option.

My current version calls it --optionsstar but I'm not overly happy with this
name.

Ideas?

  [1] = https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/1462