curl-users

What to ask ourselves this year?

From: David Niklas <doark_at_mail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 09:24:03 -0400

On Wed, 3 May 2017 15:17:08 +0200 (CEST)
Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> There's soon time to run our annual survey to see what protocols we're
> using, what platforms people use curl on the most and of course what
> features people are missing the most.
>
> I'm curious to here from you if there's anything in particular you
> think we should ask users about this time. This is the one time in the
> year we have a chance to sum up some feedback and comments on our
> general direction. How we've fared this far and something about what we
> should emphasize on going forward.
>
> Last year we unfortunately only got 176 answers and I really hope we
> can increase thay number a bit. A significant point is to keep asking
> the same questions over the years so that we can detect trends and
> changes, but we can still add good topics and remove bad.
>
> The full 2016 user survey analysis can be found here:
>
> https://daniel.haxx.se/media/curl%20user%20poll%202016%20analysis.pdf

My problem with online surveys is that they open and close so fast and
unless you are looking to fill one in, you often times don't know that it
even started and ended until someone publishes the results.
This happens to me with the linuxquestions and opensuse surveys almost
every year.

Thanks,
David