curl-users

Re: Mail received but message body is empty

From: Dutch Raf via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:02:01 +0000

Hi Jeremy,

You are correct about the dot.

It is also in RFC 5322<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322.html>.

It is used to mark the end of the message body.

I also used it in my textfile. (at the end).

The RFC 5322 also describes if the dot is followed bij other characters, then the dot is ignored as a marker.

>Does that last 'Anonymous' hold a clue? There was nothing in your curl
>command about how you authenticate yourself to the server; could it have stripped the
>body out of the mail for safety reasons?

Nope it was not stripped.
But, the SMTP server that I use to send the mail to (blablaserver) is an SMTP relay server.
My Server1 is whitelisted to be able to send e-mails throughout the internal organization.
So no authentication is needed :-)

I will contact the MS Exchange administrators to see if we can find a reason why the message body from my textfile is ingored.
I was hoping somebody else already had send e-mails towards an MS Exchange environment
I will let you guys know when I find something.

grtz,
Dutch Raf