curl-users

Re: Request Information Please ( Curl ) : Curl/Wget with Kodi -- 403 Forbidden code returned

From: Aleksandar Lazic via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 10:19:46 +0200

Hallo Ali El Kamel.

Ali El Kamel Wrote:

> Hi Sir ,
> Can you please help to find a solution for my problem with Curl .
> I wrote a script that allows me to use CURL to have information on
> streaming links. I managed to write the script for the streaming links
> that are hosted in the streaming website, and I was able to get the
> information from the servers, Also I use the command WGET when I want to download the link.
> My problem is: how to use CURL or WGET to get a response that the
> link exists ( the link work with VLC or in KODI ) and it is valid in
> the server like this link: ( i got the links from KODI )
> I mean that i want to use CURL or WGET with kodi links to get information from the server
> The purpose of the request is how to prove that the link exists.
> With the curl command, I have a forbidden return 403 while the link is
> functional via kodi. Here is my script and example of a link for example :
> URL
> -->http://dittotv.live-s.cdn.bitgravity.com/cdn-live/_definst_/dittotv/secure/zee_cinema_hd_Web.smil/playlist.m3u8
> Also i tried : wget -a --spider myurl --> i receive a 8 code returned.

Well the server forbids requests with some user agents and maybe also
some method.

You should take a look which user agent string is used by kodi and then
add this to your curl command via -A flag.

> Thank you for yout time Sir

> The Script that i use :
> #!/bin/bash
> declare ans2=Y;
> while [ $ans2 = "Y" ];
> do
> read -p "URL to check: " url
> if curl -v -i --output /dev/null --silent --fail "$url"; then

Just for my curiosity, why do you use --verbose (-v) with --silent?
I suggest that you change the if line into something like this.

### snipped
curl -i --output /dev/null --silent --fail "$url"
RC=$?
if [[ ${RC} -eq 22 ]];then ...
###

https://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html => EXIT CODES