curl-users

Re: AWS SigV4 authentication

From: Haitham Gad via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 14:16:14 -0800

Hi Daniel,

> Is this an open and properly standardized authentication scheme?

It is open in the sense that it's well documented by AWS and there's a lot
of existing implementations in many languages. It is not standardized, but
it's useful to a wide range of users (all AWS customers). Users usually use
the CLI or SDKs to call AWS APIs, but there's still need to inspect the raw
HTTP responses from API calls.

I think I can free up a few days to work on an implementation for SigV4 in
curl. If you have any guidance regarding contributing to curl, I appreciate
if you can share it with me.

Thanks,
Haitham