curl-users

Re: AWS SigV4 authentication

From: Haitham Gad via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 18:05:04 -0800

> But what other servers than Amazon's support it?

It's only supported by AWS, but that in and of itself constitutes a sizable
portion of internet traffic. The S3 outage that happened earlier this year
demonstrates this volume:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanwhitwam/2017/02/28/amazon-s3-outage-has-broken-a-large-chunk-of-the-internet/#2acade8cc467

S3 is one of about a hundred services offered by AWS that use SigV4 as a
means of authentication.