curl-users

Re: How to get the latest curl binaries easily and automatically on Windows?

From: 21naown--- via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 03:24:15 +0100

Le 16/12/2017 à 23:58, Daniel Lublin a écrit :
> 21naown--- via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>, 2017-12-16 22:03:48 (+0100):
>> I would like curl to update itself automatically. I search this for Windows,
>> I think in particular to Marc Hörsken because he manages the binaries I
>> would like to get. I can check a new version is available with
>> “curl_winssl_msys2_mingw64_stc.json” for example, but I did not find a link
>> like “https://dl.uxnr.de/build/curl/curl_winssl_msys2_mingw64_stc/latest/curl-latest.zip%e2%80%9d.
>> I would like to avoid processing the JSON content, but simply check if the
>> JSON file has changed and then download the last version.
> It sounds like you need to write a package manager. I don't use windows
> myself, but I heard that there even are such available, like:
>
> https://chocolatey.org/packages/curl

Ahahahahah, thank you so much Daniel!
You have solved my problem with curl but also with my other software—in
the plural.

I am very sorry because I thought about package manager a while ago, but
I did not believe there was one as simple and complete as Chocolately,
so I had not tried to search… It was really stupid of me…
My only regret is that Chocolately is written in C#, but it will not
prevent me from using it!

Thank you so much again!

Best regards.