curl-users

How to disable SNI for https requests

From: Ram Subramanian via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 19:21:11 -0800

Hello,

I'm trying to make an https request to an IP address and it fails because
the common name of the certificate doesn't match the hostname. After some
googling I found that the --resolve option lets me specify the hostname for
that IP and pass this check.

My problem now - the host I make the request to then redirects me to
another host, by IP... and you guessed it, the SNI check now fails for the
second host.

I've tried to provide an additional --resolve option for the second host,
but that doesn't work, and expectedly so.

Seems to me the only way to handle this would be to disable SNI - is there
any way to do this with curl?

Thanks,
Ram