curl-users

Re: Not able to replicate what a browser (javascript disabled) is doing

From: Ray Satiro via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 02:59:32 -0500

On 12/19/2017 5:34 PM, bruce via curl-users wrote:
> Now my issue is how to get the "Career" values. The target url in the
> browser with javascript lists "Undergrad/Graduate" as the
> select/option list. In inspecting the FF/Debug data for the
> page/javascript I can't figure out where this is derived from. I can
> easily see the terms/subjects from the api calls. The career data
> (undergrad/graduate) isn't happening for me though!

That is outside the scope of the list. I did look at it though and
couldn't figure out what you mean.

> curl -v -A "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/38.0" --cookie-jar a.lwp --cookie a.lwp --compressed -H
> 'Connection: keep-alive' -H 'Host: mymobile.icc.edu' -H
> 'Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1' -L
> 'https://mymobile.icc.edu/app/catalog/classSearch/'

I would lose the Host header as well. Headers stay the same on redirects
[1] and you may be redirected to a different host so you wouldn't want
to send the wrong host in that next transfer. The connection header is
also unnecessary.

[1]: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#-H