curl-users

Re: Question on CURLE_RECV_ERROR (56)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 05:33:09 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018, ghanashyam satpathy via curl-users wrote:

Please don't reply to digest mails to start a new conversation and please
don't full-quote a totally irrelevant email when you do.

> I have a question on CURL error code in following scenario:
>
> I am using an authenticated(NTLM) HTTP proxy. And intentionally supplied
> wrong credential.
> curl_easy_perform() returned me CURLE_RECV_ERROR (56)
>
> *Any idea how to get correct error code in such scenario. It should return
> something Access Denied or Authentication failed..*

You don't give us enough information to tell. Like your "curl -V" output that
would tell us your curl version and what TLS library that's being used and
some clues on what backend that is for your NTLM use.

In curl we make an effort to return the correct error code for all error
sitations but sometimes we have a bug and sometimes the underlying API from
the function we use in the system or 3rd party library doesn't give the
information clearly enough for us to differentiate between different
situations in the way we'd prefer.