curl-users

& in the URL

From: Mike Lambert <mlambert_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 15:42:41 +1100

Hi,

The other day I posted the same problem .. and I thought that I resolved it
.. but no it is still not resolved.

Problem is :- when the URL has a & in it I get the error unknown command.

http://WWW.AAAAAA.Com/results.aspx?categoryid=BBBBBB
<http://WWW.AAAAAA.Com/results.aspx?categoryid=BBBBBB&CCCCCC=DDDDDD&EEEEEE>
&CCCCCC=DDDDDD&EEEEEE

Error - EEEEEE is not recognized as an internal or external command.
Similarly with CCCCCC.

I have replace the & with %26 . no good

I have wrapped the complete line in " . no good

I have wrapped the line in ' . no good

I have changed & to \& or \%25 or '&' or "&" . no good

I have tried replacing & with ^& . no good

I have googled the problem and tried them all .. still no good.

I can enter the URL manually with the & and it works fine in Chrome and IE
..

I am running 7.59.0 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Any ideas ??

Regards,

Mike