curl-users

Re: Idea: master/client concept

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 16:06:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:09:24AM +0200, Xavier !! <M X > wrote:
>> What about keeping most of the way with use curl today intact, and leverage the
>> use of "-K" (read from file/stdin/named pipe) in conjonction with "--next" ?
>
> This is my preference as well, as it makes the fewest changes to how curl
> already works. We discussed it during an unconference session at last year's
> curl://up and it seemed like it would solve the use cases people were coming
> up with for such a feature.

Yeps, making curl able to keep getting new instructions -K style from a
file/pipe while it is already transferring files is certainly a good first
step.

That will also (basically) require that we switch to using the multi interface
internally. Basically every one of these new fancy features we can think of
requires that. Quite clearly that's a starting point...