curl-users

Download Only If Newer

From: Gerard Seibert <gerard_seibert_at_outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 18:32:07 +0000

I am using curl 7.61.1 on an amd64 FreeBSD 11.2 machine.

I am trying to download a file from SpamHaus, but only if it is newer. This is the command line syntax I am using:

curl --s -L -R -z drop.txt -o drop.tmp https://www.spamhaus.org/drop/drop.txt
Failed to set filetime 1536603588 on outfile: No such file or directory

As you can see, if the file is not newer, it produces an error message. I am trying to find a way to suppress that error message, but without any success. I have tried adding "2>&1" to the end of the command, but it doesn't help.

--
Gerard