curl-users

Authorization and Github

From: Gisle Vanem <gisle.vanem_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 08:18:56 +0200

In my '%APPDATA%/_netrc' file, I have entries for
Github.com and githubusercontent.com:
   machine github.com login xx password yy
   machine raw.githubusercontent.com login xx password yy

Then when getting any URL from these sites, I always get a
"404 Not Found".

Adding a '--user ":"' does not help, but adding a
'--header Authorization:' (or '--netrc-file NUL'), I do get
the correct content.

Very annoying and clumsy. Since with Wget it always works since it
doesn't send this "Authorization:" header when
'machine raw.githubusercontent.com ..' is present in
'%APPDATA%/.netrc'.

Is there anything else I could do?

--
--gv