curl-users

Re: How do I read the version on this web page?

From: bruce <badouglas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 15:03:24 -0500

Hi.

Just saw a part of the thread.... Not sure if you figured out how the
page was/is getting the version.

You said the Source of the page didn't display the version. You also
said you were running FF. If you have a "debugger".. (firebug or
something else) Fire up the debugger, and you should be able to
generate/inspect the complete HTML of the page. This is the html
that's generated by the static as well as dynamic components of the
page, ie.. this is what FF displays to you.

You should be able to see the version using this approach.

Now.. if this really gets you the version, you're going to need
another solution to then generate the content/version as curl only
works with the static content.