curl-users

Re: Should libcurl.pc include bindir for curl-config?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 12:53:54 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

(I think you might want to consider using the curl-library mailing list
instead when you speak of things that aren't the curl command tool and more
development oriented.)

> I've got cURL installed in a non-standard location. I'm building Git but Git
> is having trouble finding cURL even though PKG_CONFIG_PATH is set properly:

curl-config is a stand-alone script that is independent of PKG_CONFIG_PATH and
pkg-config. I think a build system should primarily use pkg-config (since
that's a general purpose system used by many libraries) and use curl-config as
a backup if pkg-config fails.

> I noticed libcurl.pc is missing bindir (see below). Would a missing bindir
> cause curl-config to go missing?

No.

> Should libcurl.pc include bindir for curl-config?

I can't see how that would help this situation.