curl-users

Partial File Errors

From: Cumbers, Alex <Alex.Cumbers_at_gam.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 14:29:03 +0000

We are connecting to a mainframe sFTP server (DTCC) from Solairs 11 via curl 7.63

When downloading files, we consistently get partial file status return (18) - e.g: verbose output:

    12:27:00.473934 == Info: Initialized password authentication
    12:27:00.473959 == Info: Authentication complete
    12:27:01.318356 <= Recv data, 98 bytes (0x62)
    0000: 1TRANS20190320 029MFN ACTIVITY FILE Y20001 10210202900 0
    0040: 000000000DTCCCDT 20190320 05:17.
    12:27:01.318588 == Info: transfer closed with 56260 bytes remaining to read
    12:27:01.479162 == Info: Closing connection 0

However, the file downloaded is complete & valid (98 bytes). I've proved this by downloading / comparing files via the default Solaris interactive sFTP client, which does not receive partial file errors.

I suspect remote sFTP server interacts with curl in a different way and does not serve up correct file sizes. Possibly due to legacy mainframe sFTP interface.

Does curl get a file size up front & validate bytes downloaded at end?

Is there any additional logging that can be enabled?

This has happened with all curl versions tested over several years, so not a new issue.

Any insight much appreciated.

Thanks
Alex

This email was sent by and on behalf of GAM Investments. GAM Investments is the corporate brand for GAM Holding AG and its direct and indirect subsidiaries. These companies may be referred to as 'GAM' or 'GAM Investments'. In the United Kingdom, the business of GAM Investments is conducted by GAM (U.K.) Limited (No. 01664573) or one or more entities under the control of GAM (U.K.) Limited, including the following entities authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority: GAM International Management Limited (No. 01802911), GAM London Limited (No. 00874802), GAM Sterling Management Limited (No. 01750352), GAM Unit Trust Management Company Limited (No. 2873560) and Cantab Capital Partners LLP (No. OC317557). GAM (U.K.) Limited and its regulated entities are registered in England and Wales. The registered office and principal place of business of GAM (U.K.) Limited and its regulated entities is at 8 Finsbury Circus, London, England, EC2M 7GB. The registered office of Cantab Capital Partners LLP is at City House, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1RE. This email, and any attachments, is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is intended solely for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained herein. If you have received this email in error, please inform us immediately and delete all copies of it. See - https://www.gam.com/en/legal/email-disclosures-eu/ for further information on confidentiality, the risks of non-secure electronic communication, and certain disclosures which we are required to make in accordance with applicable legislation and regulations. If you cannot access this link, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. GAM Investments will collect and use information about you in the course of your interactions with us. Full details about the data types we collect and what we use this for and your related rights is set out in our online privacy policy at https://www.gam.com/en/legal/privacy-policy. Please familiarise yourself with this policy and check it from time to time for updates as it supplements this notice.