curl-users

Re: curl-users Digest, Vol 164, Issue 7

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 16:14:09 +0200

On Friday, April 26, 2019 4:04:14 PM CEST tom b wrote:
> I guess all this was not included in the previous conversation. I had
> already spoken to someone about downgrading curl using Yum which looks like
> it would work fine if the 7.29 package was available for the downgrade all
> I wanted to do is know how to download it properly and put it in the proper
> location for the Yum downgrade.

I saw this but you did not tell us which system (Linux distro) you are trying
to update. Before you updated curl to 7.64.1, you must have had some version
of curl already installed on the system. It is usually installed from some
yum repository which receives updates. If you are not able to donwgrade to
the distro-provided version of curl, there must be something fundamentally
broken on your system. You can download a build of curl from internet and
install it manually but it will not receive any security updates until you
fix the problem with yum repositories. So I would suggest to analyze the
root cause first.

Kamil