curl-users

Re: curl-users Digest, Vol 164, Issue 10

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 22:42:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019, tom b wrote:

Hi Tom,

Can you please stop using Digest mode of the mailing list if you intend to
reply to emails and when you do, please stop top-posting as well.

Every mail to this list is sent out to more than one thousand humans. It is a
cortesy that we make an effort to make mails as readable as possible when
we're asking all these people to read them.

> Have anyone else seen this error Microsoft is recommended downgrade of curl
> from 7.64 to 7.29

Any such recommendation is irresponsible and ignorant and you shouldn't listen
to it. You should rather question the advice and ask for specific and sensible
reasoning. Something such a person won't be able to provide. No matter which
company it comes from.

> curl: (92) HTTP/2 stream 0 was not closed cleanly: HTTP_1_1_REQUIRED (err
> 13)

That looks like one of the issues we fixed in 7.64.1 (see
https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/3707). And again: tell your curl to use
HTTP/1.1 instead and that issue can't happen - much easier than spending days
or weeks on trying to downgrade to a curl version from the late Cretaceous
period.