RE: How to delete a file with '&' in its name on SFTP

From: Bill Mercer <bmercer_at_nccer.org>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 16:10:36 +0000

>I'm not aware of any reason why '&' would be treated special for SFTP. Does the Windows shell prompt do something special with it?

The Windows shell treats the ampersand as a command separator, like a semicolon in bash.
To escape the ampersand, you need to prefix it with a caret character. Example:

H:\>echo Hello & Goodbye
Hello
'Goodbye' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

H:\>Echo Hello ^& Goodbye
Hello & Goodbye