curl-and-php

Re: Not able to follow redirections

From: Gowranga <gowranga_at_serc.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:09:06 +0530 (IST)

> You seem to be guessing blindly how to do this. Use LiveHTTPHeaders to
> record
> a manual "login", then use curl (with --trace-ascii) to work out the exact
> way to reproduce it (--trace-ascii of course used to verify that the
> protocol
> parts look similar enough to the the original manual approach) and then
> you
> translate it over to use PHP/CURL again (possibly curl --libcurl can help
> you
> do that faster).

I tried to login to the site as suggested, the following way:

curl -x proxy:3128 -d "userid=a%40x.y.z&passwd=***&sub=Sign+In"
-k -L www.some.site.address -b /tmp/cookie -c /tmp/cookie

The userid, passwd and submit patterns are as recorded by LiveHTTPHeaders
during the manual login. However, the html output shows up the login form
(uses "post" method) again. Kindly help me resolve this.

Thanks

-gowranga

believed to be clean.