curl-and-php

Re: SSL read errno 10054

From: David Colter <dolan2go_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:42:49 -0500

Paul,

> somedir and some.crt are substitutes for the actual directory and file -- I was trying to obscure some of our identity.
>
> The actual option statement I use is:
>
> curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_CAINFO, "C:\cert\ca_bundle.crt");
>
> Adding this CURLOPT_CAINFO got rid of an earlier error message reading:
>
> SSL certificate verify result: unable to get local issuer certificate (20), continuing anyway.
>

> Am afraid I'm still stuck with the SSL read error.

Can you post your code? That will help us narrow down the source of your error.

Also, that cert file should contain a large number of certificate keys. It is possible that either the target sites SSL isn't present. Also, as a new cURL user, I religiously compare the output you've received (and included in earlier post) with the output of the headers received in a browser through Developer tools or Live HTTP Headers.

David