curl-and-python

Re: better error info

From: <johansen_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:32:45 -0800

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 04:07:18PM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> Johansen,
> I was hoping there was a way that didn't involve shelling out so I
> could deliver a sensible error message to the user.

It sounds like I misunderstood. I thought you were trying to debug a
problem.

This is what gets left in the error buffer when our client gets an error
60. It doesn't tell you where in the chain you encountered the problem,
but the error message is a bit more informative. Our code gets this
from multi_info_read, but I believe you can also get this from
easy.strerror() since Pycurl configures CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER on easy
handles by default.

SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK.
Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed

I'm not sure if this helps or not. :-/

-j