curl-and-python

Re: Repository moved to its permanent home, website updated

From: Oleg Pudeyev <oleg+pycurl_at_bsdpower.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:45:07 -0400

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 13:30:24 +0200
Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com> wrote:

> Are you going to produce also some up2date releases of pycurl? I am
> currently picking the contents directly from the git repository,
> hence the latest pycurl package for Fedora is named
> python-pycurl-7.19.0-18.20130315git8d654296.fc20, which is not
> exactly nice. The ChangeLog mentions pycurl-7.19.2, but as far as I
> know, 7.19.0 is the latest upstream release of pycurl.
>
> Kamil

Yes, I plan on making releases. I still need to update the changelog
and figure out release packages and pypi access/uploads.

I think we can have a 7.19.0.1 release as soon as I have these three
items worked out.

For version numbers and compatibility, I am thinking to have the
version number reflect the most recent fully supported libcurl
functionality level, with dots added for releases as necessary. The
oldest supported libcurl will likely stay at 7.19.0 for a while with
conditional #defines.

Oleg