curl-and-python

Re: How to reset cURL handle?

From: Oleg Pudeyev <oleg+pycurl_at_bsdpower.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 21:08:37 -0400

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 17:50:16 -0700
"Vladimir Ch." <cctv.star_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Apparently, Curl.reset() doesn't work because of this bug:
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/curlpython-2009-03/0001.html . I'm still
> getting the described error in the latest pycurl.

This bug has been fixed in the development tree. I am working on making
an official pycurl release, in the meantime you can build it yourself
from source (https://github.com/pycurl-devs/pycurl).

> As a workaround, I created a set of options that I use, and before
> returning a handle to the pool try to call Curl.unsetopt().
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work either, I'm getting 'unsetopt() is not
> supported for this option while unsetting ...'. I'm also getting an
> error (TypeError, IIRC) when setting some options to None.

If this happens with the current pycurl development tree, please
provide a test file demonstrating this issue.

Oleg