curl-and-python

Windows builds

From: Oleg Pudeyev <oleg+pycurl_at_bsdpower.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 00:22:25 -0500

Hi list,

I built a bunch of windows builds of 7.19.0.2 today:

http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/

Pypi only accepted the exe files. Msis were rejected due to [1] and
zips were rejected because they did not have PKG-INFO, which looks like
something that comes in source distributions but not in binary ones.

So far these binaries were built with default libcurl options and use
winssl and are missing idn support because libcurl does not link
against winidn correctly. But, should you build your own libcurl with
vc9 (e.g. visual studio 2008 express) you should be able to replace
libcurl.dll with your own and be good to do.

I would really like someone to take over windows builds. The builds I
have done are easy to reproduce - all you need to do is run the script
in [2]. Contributing builds is also easy - send a pull request against
the downloads repository [3].

Doing an "all out" libcurl build with openssl etc. seems to be
complicated, but it is not necessary if someone can source an already
built binary.

I know people on this list are building their own builds on windows.
All I am asking is that you contribute your binaries back to the
project. In particular, I have no 64 bit windows installs at the moment.

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi/issue/67/msi-signature-check-seems-to-fail-on
[2] https://github.com/pycurl/pycurl/blob/master/winbuild.py
[3] https://github.com/pycurl/downloads