curl-and-python

Re: How to compile pycurl library correctly on win32?

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_yahoo.no>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:49:41 +0100

"Maosheng Chen" <maosheng.chen_at_ubisoft.com> wrote:

> Hello,

Hello. Please don't post using HTML (HTML is not for email)

> Currently we encounterd a crash inside pycurl.pyd, but no corresponding
> symbol file to be traced, so we would like to know how to compile
> pycurl library on win32.

Debug-symbols should be in pycurl.pdb (not inside pycurl.pyd) and placed in
the same directory as pycurl.pyd. I don't think it's generated by default. But
you can add the 'CFLAGS = -Zi' and link with options '-debug -pdb:pycurl.pdb'.

> the size of this pycurl.pyd is 861KB.
..

> But the size of pycurl.pyd is totally different, the release version is 254KB and
> debug version is 517KB.

There could be several reasons for that; your compiler could be newer or
older than Oleg's MSVC compiler. Different CFLAGS and Python libs etc.

Since you want to know where + why pycurl.pyd is crashing (it could be in
some libcurl.dll code too), you should build libcurl with '-Zi' + generate .pdb
for that too.

Did you compile your version with '-DCURL_STATICLIB'?

--gv