curl-and-python

Win32: ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

From: Jim Bell <Jim_at_JC-Bell.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 06:25:29 -0500

I installed pycurl using the pycurl-7.19.3.1.win32-py2.7.msi installer.
But I get this:

>>> import pycurl
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

Using depends.exe, I found that the installed
Lib/site-packages/libcurl.dll has a dependency to MSVCR90.DLL. I found a
copy of that file and put it next to libcurl.dll, but it doesn't change
the behavior.

Looking at it with SysInternals' ProcMon, I see
Lib/site-packages/pycurl.pyd loading, then libcurl.dll. But then it
seems to be looking for a file named "<stdin>", scours the python path
for it, then fails.

Thanks in Advance,
-Jim